The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington
|3523 International Court NW, Washington D.C., United States of America|
|Mobil:||+1 202 361 6298 (Emergency calls)|
Consular section is open for public on
|Mondays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Wednesdays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Fridays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
Consular section is closed for public on Tuesdays and Thursdays and during the Slovak public holidays. Embassy of the Slovak Republic will be closed in 2020 on January 1, January 6, April 10, April 13, May 1, May 8, September 1, September 15, November 17, December 24, December 25.
Residence for sale
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington DC is offering for sale its former Ambassador´s Residence at 7718 Carlton Place, McLean, VA 221 02.
It is a residence building located on 36.886 sqft of land. The living space of the residence is 6 973 sqft.
If you are interested, further details on offer submissions can be obtained by contacting the Slovak Embassy, 3523 International Court NW, 20008, Washington DC, tel.number 202 237 1054.
Offers to be submitted by 2/10/2020.
RESTRICTIONS OF CONSULAR ACTIVITIES AT THE CONSULAR SECTION
In the context of preventive measures against the spread of the virus disease COVID - 19 personal submission of the consular documents and applications at the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in the United Stated is temporarily restricted, with the exception of cases of special consideration. This measure shall remain in force until further notice.
The following precautions are to protect the health of both the applicants and employees of the consulate as of March 17, 2020:
- RESTRICTIONS imposed on submitting all consular applications;
- Only URGENT and in advance NOTIFIED AND CONSULTED requests (by phone or email) will be accepted;
- The URGENCY of individual applications WILL BE ASSESSED on case by case basis;
- Slovak citizens may contact the Consular section at email@example.com or phone +(202) 237 1054 (ext. 274) during working hours;
- THE ACCEPTANCE OF VISA APPLICATIONS IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED;
Thank you for your understanding.
- 19.06.2020Following the measure of the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic (Measure of the ÚVZ SR No. OLP / 5089/2020), the Slovak Republic is proceeding to further relax measures at border crossings. From 20 June 2020 from 6:00 am the regime of free border crossings applies to persons returning from Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Montenegro, Denmark (including the Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, Greece, Croatia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Malta, Monaco, Germany, Norway, Poland, Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland. On their return, citizens do not have to go to home isolation or present a negative RT-PCR test for the COVID-19 disease.
- 10.06.2020Slovakia Introduces Free Movement for Citizens and an Unlimited Border Regime with 19 European Countries. The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs Calls for Caution and Continues to Recommend not to Travel to the Rest of The WorldFollowing the measure of the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic (ÚVZ SR No. OLP/4739/2020), of 10 June 2020, the Slovak Republic has lifted measures at border crossings for persons returning from Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Croatia, Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Malta, Germany, Norway, Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland.
- 04.06.2020On June 4, 2020, Ivan Korčok, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, received the US Ambassador to Slovakia, Bridget A. Brink. The partners assessed the mutual level of bilateral relations and confirmed their interest in enhancing the cooperation between the two countries, especially in the field of security and defense.
- 04.06.2020Today (June 5, 2020) the State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, Ingrid Brocková, received the President of the World Association of Slovaks Living Abroad, Vladimír Skalský. Together, they discussed issues concerning the further enhancement and development of relations between the Slovak Republic and the Slovaks living abroad.
- 03.04.2020State Secretary of the Slovak Foreign and European Affairs Ministry Klus Receives US Ambassador to Slovakia Bridget A. BrinkOn the 3rd of April 2020 State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, Martin Klus, received the US Ambassador to Slovakia, Bridget A. Brink.