Registration of Persons Accredited in the Slovak Republic and Issuance of Identification Cards
The Diplomatic Protocol Department of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (“DPD”) issues diplomatic ID cards for members of diplomatic missions (diplomatic staff, administrative staff, technical staff and their immediate family members) provided that they are not Slovak nationals and their permanent residence is not located in the Slovak Republic. The issue of ID cards is subject to delivery to the DPD of a Verbal Note and a completed registration form.
Upon request, the DPD will also issue ID cards for members of non-resident diplomatic missions accredited to the Slovak Republic.
Recognized types of ID cards
D - Diplomatic Staff
The ID card is issued to the diplomatic staff at diplomatic missions and consular posts holding diplomatic passports and to their family members.
ATP - Administrative and Technical Staff
The ID card issued to the administrative and technical staff at diplomatic missions and consular posts holding service passports and to their family members.
SP - Service Staff
The ID card issued to the service and private staff employed at diplomatic missions. A copy of the employment agreement, together with the declaration of the private servant’s employer confirming no family relationship between the employer and the employee, is required in order to issue the ID cards.
MO - International Organization Staff
The ID card issued to the personnel of international organizations or personnel at the offices of international organizations established in the Slovak Republic on the basis of international agreements, as well as for their family members.
Detailed information on the conditions for the registration of persons accredited in the Slovak Republic and for Issuing Identity Cards is contained in the DPD´s Circular Note No. 283/5013-DIPL of 25 July 2013.
Last Update Date: 2018-04-25 11:13:40.165 Create Date: Mon Feb 01 09:57:03 CET 2016
- Rules for the registration of persons accredited in the Slovak Republic and for issuing identity cards 25/04/2018 (pdf, 163kB)
- Pravidlá registrácie osôb akreditovaných v SR a vydávania identifikačných preukazov 25/04/2018 (pdf, 635kB)
- Registration form for the issue of ID card - Print AFTER filling the blanks (docx, 35kB)
- Application for card replacement - Print AFTER filling the blanks (docx, 21kB)
- Declaration of employer of a private servant (docx, 12kB)
- ICAO Guidelines for Photographs 25/04/2018 (pdf, 1MB)