Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union
Take part in the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union and promote your project
Be directly involved in the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union (SK PRES) and get the official Patronage of the Presidency for your event. The Presidency is also about you and your projects.
What is the Patronage of the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union?
It is a non-financial tool of support for events organised by NGOs, local or regional authorities and self-governing bodies, schools, but also individuals and other external actors.
The goal is to actively engage the public in the Presidency, as well as to highlight exceptional projects related to the Presidency.
Which events will the MFEA SR support?
The MFEA SR aims to involve a diverse range of people in the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union. We will support events which:
- enhance active civil involvement in the SK PRES;
- communicate the messages and political priorities of the SK PRES towards the general public in Slovakia and abroad;
- raise awareness of the EU and the Slovak contribution to its policies;
- promote shared European values.
The Patronage may be granted to both new and established events.
When can I apply for the Patronage?
All eligible candidates may apply for the Patronage from January 15th until the end of 2016.
The Patronage of the SK PRES will be granted to events which take place between March 1st and December 31st 2016.
What are the benefits of the SK PRES Patronage?
The Patronage entails:
- use of the SK PRES logo on the event’s promotional materials, including posters, banners and online presentation;
- official patronage of the MFEA SR and promotion of the event on the websites and social networks of the MFEA SR and the SK PRES (the expected internet traffic on the SK PRES website is 2,5 million views);
- possibility of direct participation of a Ministry representative in the event (e.g. opening a conference, joining a discussion, giving a speech);
- possibility of indirect participation of the MFEA SR in the event – via the SK PRES presentation materials;
- in case of cultural events it is possible to request their inclusion in the official Cultural Programme SK PRES 2016 Presidency brochure which will be published on the Presidency website; deadline for such requests is March 15th 2016.
Am I eligible for the SK PRES Patronage?
All individuals and legal persons with a permanent residence or a registered office in Slovakia or abroad may apply for the Patronage. These include:
- local, regional authorities and self-governing bodies,
- non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations,
- elementary schools, high schools, universities and research institutions,
- Slovak diaspora organisations acting abroad,
- informal groups (formed by at least 4 people led by 1 responsible person with full legal capacity representing the group in the respective matter),
- business entities.
The SK PRES Patronage will not be granted to political parties, political movements, and individuals, legal persons or informal groups with tendencies towards extremism, suppression of fundamental human rights and freedoms or incitation to hatred.
The purpose of the Patronage is non-commercial.
How can I apply for the SK PRES Patronage?
All eligible candidates may apply for the Patronage via the application available below. It consists of an application form for granting the Patronage and a questionnaire where the applicant specifies the nature and the goal of the event, its target group, planned activities, etc.
All documents are available in both Slovak and English, since the call is open to Slovak, as well as foreign applicants.
Who evaluates my application and how can I find out about the decision?
The decision on whether or not the Patronage will be granted is made by the Department for Communication and Presentation of the Secretariat of the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the EU. The decision is officially made under the aegis of Mr Ivan Korčok, the Government Plenipotentiary for the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the EU.
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic will reply to every applicant within 15 working days upon the delivery of the application to the e-mail address stated in the application. The MFEA SR will sign a Patronage and Co-operation Agreement (attached below) with all successful candidates.
Patronage of the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union
- Rules and procedure of granting the patronage of the SK PRES.doc (doc, 52kB)
- Questionnaire - cultural events (doc, 65kB)
- Questionnaire - social, professional, educational, sports, charity and other events.doc (docx, 18kB)
- Application for the patronage of the SK PRES (doc, 26kB)
- Patronage and Co-operation Agreement (doc, 88kB)