The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London
|25, Kensington Palace Gardens, W8 4QY, London, United Kingdom|
Emergency mobile: 07866410783 - for reporting deaths, hospitalisations and other emergency situations regarding Slovak citizens. Notifications by the British Police or HMP Service of arrests/detentions/imprisonments of Slovak citizens should be reported via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
E-mail for consular issues: email@example.com
Beginning today, 13 March 2020, foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Slovakia for the next two weeks. Therefore, expect that visas will not be issued for the next two weeks.
RESTRICTIONS ON ACTIVITIES OF THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT
The Consular Department of the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London takes these preventive measures to protect the health of both clients and employees due to the worsening of epidemiological situation in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
- RESTRICTIONS on the acceptance of applications effective from 16 March 2020 indefinitely
- Consular requests of ONLY ESSENTIAL nature and which will be NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE will be handled by the Consular Department
- Slovak citizens will be able to contact the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0044 20 7313 6470 and the urgency of individual applications will be assessed by the Consular Department of the Slovak Embassy in London
- THE ACCEPTANCE OF VISA APPLICATIONS IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Thank you for your understanding.
Submitting of consular applications (passport, ID card, driving license, registration of birth and marriage, no criminal record, certificate of citizenship) is strictly on appointment basis via online portal only. Appointment for signature verification can be made via phone: 02073136470 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Visa applications must be submitted via the portal: https://ezov.mzv.sk only. For further information on the process and conditions of visa issuance please check the section Services.
|Working hours of visa & consular services except for national & state holidays|
|Monday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 18:00|
|Thursday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Friday||9:00 – 12:00|
Issued passports, ID cards and driving licenses can be collected anytime during working hours without prior appointment.
|The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London will be closed on following days:|
|1 January||Wednesday||Day of the Establishment of the Slovak Republic|
|4 April||Friday||Good Friday|
|13 April||Monday||Easter Monday|
|1 May||Friday||Labour Day|
|8 May||Friday||Day of Victory over Fascism|
|5 July||Sunday||St. Cyril and Methodius Day|
|29 August||Saturday||Slovak National Uprising Anniversary|
|1 September||Tuesday||Constitution Day|
|15 September||Tuesday||Day of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows|
|1 November||Sunday||All Saints´ Day|
|17 November||Tuesday||Fight for Freedom and Democracy Day|
|24 December||Thursday||Christmas Eve|
|25 December||Friday||Christmas Day|
|26 December||Saturday||St. Stephen´s Day|
- 21.05.2020Travel Recommendation of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic during the COVID-19 PandemicThe Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic reiterates the recommendation not to travel to any country in the world.
- 30.04.2020The Slovak Embassy in London will present a live concert of a renowned violinist, Teo Gertler, to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Schuman Declaration and the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe
- 30.04.2020On April 20, 2020, the Slovak Government announced its plan for relaxing the measures adopted to limit the spread of COVID-19. The plan called “Quid pro quo” was designed by a group of experts composed by epidemiologists and infectologists.
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.