In accordance with Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of the EU No. 810/2009 (Visa Code), the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Ankara, as of 12 September 2014, began with the collection of biometric data – 10 fingerprints.
The collection of fingerprints is compulsory for all applicants, with the exception of children under 12 years of age.
From 1th June 2012 you can apply for a visa to Slovak Republic at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Tbilisi.
Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Georgia
25, Tengiz Abuladze Str.
GE – 0162, Tbilisi
Phone : + 995 (32) 291 29 33
Fax : + 995 (32) 222 17 93
E-mail : email@example.com
Viza ve Avrupa Birliği
1. Where to apply for visa?
An alien, to whom a visa waiver does not apply, submits the visa application, filling in an official form:
- at the Diplomatic Mission or at the Consular Section of the Slovak Republic abroad
- at a border crossing to the Slovak Republic, but only in cases specified in a separate regulation – link to the: Council Regulation (EC) No. 415/2003 of 27 February 2003: On Visas Granted at the Border, OJ EU L 064, 7 March 2003.
2. In what form is the visa issued and where?
The visa is issued in the form of a sticker affixed in the travel document (passport).
The visa must expire at least 90 days before the travel document (passport) expiry date.
3. What is the deadline until when a decision has to be made in connection with the visa application at a diplomatic mission?
The Diplomatic Mission of the Slovak Republic abroad shall decide on the visa application within 30 days from the date of its delivery. There is no legal entitlement to have the Slovak visa granted, except for cases specified under §14, paragraph 4 of the Act No. 48/2002 of the Coll.: On the Sojourn (Stay) of Aliens, in its valid wording (hereinafter only “the Act”).
4. What are the requirements for the visa application submission?
Last Update Date: 2016-02-10 15:26:19.666 Create Date: Tue Sep 12 08:29:13 CEST 2006
4.1. An alien must submit together with the visa application:
- a travel document (passport)
- an up to date photograph with dimensions of 3 x 3.5 cm, depicting him/her in such a way that there is seen a three-quarter profile of the face on the photo.
4.2. Documents that have to be attached to the application for the Slovak visa when requested:
- documents confirming the purpose of the visit,
- documents confirming sufficient amount of funds for the stay abroad,
- documents proving there is provided sufficient amount of funds necessary for travelling abroad,
- proof of health insurance covering costs that may arise in connection with the applicant’s repatriation, due to illness and in connection with provision of urgent medical care on the territory of the Slovak Republic, with the minimum cover of EUR 30,000.- ;
- other documents necessary for the decision in connection with the visa application (e.g. confirming accommodation, invitation), issued at the latest 90 days before their submission.
The alien must personally attend an interview if requested to do so
4.3. The issue of the visa can be preconditioned by:
- an invitation verified by the Police Corps Department.
Under § 14, paragraph 2 of the Act, the issue of the visa of the Slovak Republic may also be preconditioned by an invitation verified by the Police Corps Department.
Each and every document attached to the application for the invitation verification must not be issued earlier than 90 days before its submission to the Police Corps Department.
The form for the application for the invitation verification can be obtained at any Alien Police Department of the Police Corps.
In case the inviting person is a natural person.
WHO CAN INVITE AN ALIEN?
- a Slovak national with permanent place of residence on the territory of the Slovak Republic;
- an alien with a temporary residence permit;
- an alien with a permanent residence permit.
WHICH PERSONS CAN BE INVITED?
- a relative (only the following persons: a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, husband, wife, son-in-law, daughter-in-law);
- other than a relative – such an individual can be invited only with the approval of the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic.
The application for verification of the invitation is submitted to the competent Alien Police Department of the Police Corps, which is locally competent to verify the invitation, in accordance with the permanent place of residence of the inviting person.
The invitation is submitted on an official form specifying information concerning the inviting person, the invited alien, the purpose of the alien’s invitation to the Slovak Republic and commitment of the inviting person to cover all necessary costs associated with the visit (sojourn) and departure of the invited alien. Fee has to be paid in amount of 33 EUR for the invitation’s application verification.
The invitation is verified by the qualified Alien Police Department of the Police Corps, in accordance with the permanent place of residence of the inviting natural person, or the registered office of the inviting legal entity.
The above mentioned competent Alien Police Department of the Police Corps shall decide on verification of the invitation within 15 days from delivery of the application for the invitation’s verification.
In case the inviting person is a legal entity (a business company or an organisation):
The application for verification of a business invitation is submitted to the competent Alien Police Department of the Police Corps, in accordance with the registered office of the inviting legal entity.
The application for verification of a business invitation is submitted on an official form specifying information on the inviting person, the invited alien, the purpose of inviting the alien to the territory of the Slovak Republic and commitment of the inviting person to cover all necessary costs associated with the visit (stay) and departure of the invited alien. Other prerequisites of the business invitation are to specify the inviting person’s title in the company and the business name, registered office and the scope of business of the company of the inviting person. At the same time, the inviting person (a statutory representative, an executive or a person authorised by him) is at the same time obliged to submit a verified photocopy of an extract from the Commercial Register or of a sole trader’s license of the statutory representative or the person authorised by this statutory representative, while such a power of attorney must indicate the scope of authorisation of the authorised person, and also a document confirming the purpose of the invitation. Fee has to be paid in amount of 33 EUR for the invitation’s application verification. In case the inviting person is inviting more than one alien, the fee of 33 EUR is applicable to each invited person.
Under the new EU regulation valid from April 5, 2010, the following types of visa can be granted to aliens:
”A” - Airport transit visa
”C” – Short, long - term visa
”D” – National visa
Visa fee: type “A” and “C” 60 EUR, child between 6-12 years 35 EUR
Type “D” 35 EUR
Application for Schengen Visa (pdf; 243.57 KB) (pdf, 238 kB)