- 25.05.2016Bratislava (25 May) - At its Wednesday session in Bratislava, the Government of the Slovak Republic approved the nomination of Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Miroslav Lajčák for the post of UN Secretary-General. This was done in response to the invitation made by President of the UN General Assembly for the member states to nominate candidates with proven leadership and managerial abilities, extensive experience in international relations, and strong diplomatic, communication and multilingual skills for this post.
- 19.04.2012The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends the parents who plan to travel outside of the Slovak Republic with their children after June 26, 2012 to have individual passports issued for their children.
- 05.03.2012On Sunday, 4 March Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic Mikuláš Dzurinda sent his Polish counterpart Radoslav Sikorski a sympathy telegram following the train accident.
- 10.11.2011The first fully-operational online Slovak language course is now up and running.
- 12.04.2010Slovak representatives on all levels expressed their deep sympathy and sincere condolences to the Polish nation ...