Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi
|50-M, Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, India|
|Tel.:||+91 1126889071, +91 1126885340, +91 1126111075|
ANNOUNCEMENT: Changes in applying for Schengen Visa and Slovak National Visa
Schengen Visa Applications (type C)
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi announces that since 11 December 2018, citizens of India submit their application for short term Schengen Visa (type C) at VFS Global in New Delhi, Bangalure and Mumbai. http://www.vfsglobal.com/slovakia/india/
Citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka submit their application as before, at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi or at the respective Embassy, which represents Slovak Republic in their country. Personal presence of the applicant is mandatory, no applications through agent are allowed. Appointments for non-Indian citizens (from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka) are taken by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, at the same time the applicants need to complete online applications on: https://ezov.mzv.sk/e-zov/ and print out.
National Visa applications (type D) and temporary/permanent residence applications
All applicants, whose stay in Slovakia exceeds 90 days have to apply for temporary/permanent residence or apply for National Visa (type D) for the purpose of submitting the application for temporary/permanent residence directly at the Alien Police in Slovak Republic. These applications have to be submitted at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi only. Personal presence of the applicant is mandatory.
Appointments for National D visa for temporary residence can be booked online only here: https://ezov.mzv.sk/e-zov/
Reservations for next month are opened only few weeks in advance. If there are no available dates, that means the slots are fully booked. Appointments for applicants for National D visa and temporary residence for employment must be booked online. E-mail requests for additional slots will not be taken into consideration.
Information for students and researchers
Applicants travelling to Slovakia for study or research for not longer than 90 days are applying for Schengen visa at VFS GLOBAL here: http://www.vfsglobal.com/slovakia/india/
Students and researchers with acceptation letter for longer stay – bachelor degree, master degree, PhD, national scholarship, research scholarship, hosting agreement etc. can apply for National D visa for the purpose of submitting the application for temporary residence for study or research directly at the Alien Police in Slovak Republic only with complete documentation for temporary residence in compliance with information provided here: https://www.mzv.sk/web/dilli-en/residence-of-foreigners-in-the-territory-of-the-slovak-republic
How to apply for appointment (students, researchers)
Once applicants’ documentation is complete as mentioned above, he/she will send email to email@example.com with his/her name, number of passport, date of birth and scan copy of acceptance letter/scholarship etc. asking for appointment. Appointments are given only by e-mail. Multiple e-mails are not taken in consideration.
National D visa for other purposes (family reunion, permanent residence for 5 years, special activities etc.):
Applicants applying for National D visa for the purpose of submitting the application for temporary/permanent residence directly at the Alien Police in Slovak Republic can apply only with complete documentation for temporary/permanent residence according to information provided here: https://www.mzv.sk/web/dilli-en/residence-of-foreigners-in-the-territory-of-the-slovak-republic
How to apply for appointment
Once applicants’ documentation is complete as mentioned above, he/she will send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with his/her name, number of passport, date of birth and information about the type of residence he wants to apply in Slovakia. Appointments are given only by e-mail. Multiple e-mails are not taken in consideration.
- 12.11.2019At the occasion of business trip to Mumbai, Slovak Ambassador I. Lančarič personally congratullated to life's jubiliee (65 years) of A. Choksey, Honorary Consul of Slovak Republic based in Mumbai.
- 07.11.2019Ambassador of Slovak Republic I. Lančarič during his trip to Mumbai Inaugurated cooperation with VFS Global visa center office in Mumbai.
- 28.10.2019Slovak Ambassador to Bhutan with residence in New Delhi, H. E. Ivan Lančarič, presented credentials to the His Majesty the King of BhutanAmbassador Mr. Ivan Lančarič presented his “Letter of Credence“ to His Majesty the King of Bhutan Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck on October 17th 2019, accrediting him as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Slovak Republic to the Kingdom of Bhutan.
- 14.10.2019On Friday 11th October, Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi together with NGO Plan India and EU Delegation in India took part in this years‘ International Day of the Girl – Girls Takeover Initiative. For this special occasion, Slovak Ambassador Mr. Ivan Lančarič, „handed over“ the office to Girl Change makers Salma M. and Ranjita S., who are role models in their local communities, promoting rights of women, young girls as well as all children.
- 10.10.2019On the 25th and 26th of September 2019 the Youth festival took place in Chandigarh for the first time along with the participation of Slovak folklore ensembles Zemplín and Vršatec. Upon the the invitation from the University of Chandigarh the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic Mr.Ivan Lančarič together with the Ambassador of the Czech Republic Mr. Milan Hovorka were welcomed by the Prime Minister of Punjab, Kpt. A. Singh in his private residence.