The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Dublin
|80 Merrion Square South, Dublin, Ireland|
|Tel.:||+353 16619594, +353 16619562|
Public Office Hours:
Tuesday: 09:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Wednesday: 01:00 p.m. - 03:00 p.m.
Thursday: 09:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Please avoid calling during Public Office Hours.
|Population registration services will be limited to urgent cases from 11 til 26 October 2017 due to technical issues.|
The Embassy is closed due to Slovak National Holidays (Bank Holidays) during the following dates:
|1 January||Day of the Establishment of the Slovak Republic|
|6 January|| |
Epiphany (The Three Magi and Christmas Day of Orthodox Christians)
|1 May||International Workers' Day|
|8 May||Day of victory over fascism|
|5 July||St. Cyril and Methodius Day|
|29 August||Slovak National Uprising anniversary|
|1 September||Day of the Constitution of the Slovak Republic|
|15 September||Day of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows|
|1 November||All Saints’ Day|
|17 November||Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day|
|24 December||Christmas Eve|
|25 December||Christmas Day (First Christmas Holiday)|
|26 December||St. Stephen's Day (Second Christmas Holiday)|
- 05.09.2017State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic Ivan Korčok received today (5 September) designated Ambassador of Ireland Hildegard Ó Riain during her inaugural visit. This will already be the second diplomatic mission of the ambassador, who in the past used to act as the deputy head of the Ireland´s representation office in Bratislava.
- 26.07.2017Bilateral Slovak-Irish relations, also following up the recent visit by the Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Simon Coveney, in Slovakia, Brexit as well as the dynamics of developments within the EU were the key topics of today’s (26 July) conversation between Minister of Foreign and European Affairs SR, Miroslav Lajčák, and Ambassador of the Republic of Ireland to Slovakia, Anne-Marie Callan, in a farewell reception on the occasion of the end of her diplomatic mission. Minister Lajčák thanked the ambassador for her contribution to deepening bilateral relations.
- 04.07.2017State Secretary of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic Ivan Korčok received Ambassador of the Republic of Ireland Anne-Marie Callan today (4 July) as her diplomatic mission to the Slovak Republic is nearing its end.
- 25.05.2016Bratislava (25 May) - At its Wednesday session in Bratislava, the Government of the Slovak Republic approved the nomination of Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Miroslav Lajčák for the post of UN Secretary-General. This was done in response to the invitation made by President of the UN General Assembly for the member states to nominate candidates with proven leadership and managerial abilities, extensive experience in international relations, and strong diplomatic, communication and multilingual skills for this post.
- 23.02.2015In recognition of UNESCO International Mother Language Day 2015 "Inclusion in and through education: Language counts" several diplomatic missions to Ireland would like to use celebration of this day as an opportunity to promote their languages and mother tongue education in Ireland.