The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Cairo
|3, Adel Husein Rostom, P.O.BOX 450, 11794 - Ramses Post Office Dokki, Cairo, Egypt|
|Tel.:||+20 233358240, +20 233357544, +20 233376901|
Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency over coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic concerns in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Cairo, following measures adopted by the Government of the Slovak Republic, suspends issuance of the Schengen and national visas with immediate effect. Issuance of of the Schengen and national visas through partner company VFS Global's has been also suspended.
At the same time we inform you that in the next 14 days starting from 12.3.2020 foreigners will be prevented from entering the Slovak Republic, except for persons with permanent or temporary residence. A foreigner already holding the D-visa is also considered to be such a person. Other consular services to third-country nationals has been also suspended.
Please note that all persons coming from abroad will have to remain in the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Non-compliance with quarantine condition is subject to a fine of 1659,- EUR.
Opening hours of the consular and visa department:
Monday: from 9:00 AM - 13 PM, last entry by 12:30 PM
Wednesday: from 9:00 AM - 13 PM, last entry by 12:30 PM
Applying for consular operations is by appointment only. You can book Your appointment via Vodafone call center 090070678 or 2101 (only within Egypt), or e-mail (other countries) firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to improve our services to citizens, we ask the respective clients that all questions and requests on visa and consular services to be addressed exclusively through the e-mail email@example.com
Shall you send your request to other e-mail/s, the Embassy is not obliged to respond. Thanks a lot for understanding and helping us to serve you the best way.
Changes in applying for Schengen Visa (type C)
In order to ensure a more efficient handling of visa applications for travellers to Slovakia, visa applications for short term Shengen Visa (type C) are submitted at VFS Global Centers in Cairo and Alexandria.
For more information as well as for schedule an appointment, please visit the VFS Visa
Helpdesk: (+2) 02 21600053
- 04.04.2020According to new decree of the Public Health Authority issued the 4th April 2020, are all persons traveling to Slovakia, which means both Slovak and foreign nationals, obliged to be isolated in state quarantine centres. This measure is effective as of 07,00 the 6th of April, 2020...
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.
- 12.03.2020Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population, on 11 March 2020 the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- 27.02.2020Bratislava, 27 February 2020 – Based on the conclusions from the meeting of the Security Council of the Slovak Republic today, the Slovak Republic has adopted several measures. At the same time an emergency task force meeting was held at the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic, which will daily evaluate the current situation with regard to the COVID-19 (the coronavirus) disease.