The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London
|25, Kensington Palace Gardens, W8 4QY, London, United Kingdom|
Emergency mobile: 07866410783 - for reporting deaths, hospitalisations and other emergency situations regarding Slovak citizens. Notifications by the British Police or HMP Service of arrests/detentions/imprisonments of Slovak citizens should be reported via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
E-mail for consular issues: email@example.com
Beginning today, 13 March 2020, foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Slovakia for the next two weeks. Therefore, expect that visas will not be issued for the next two weeks.
RESTRICTIONS ON ACTIVITIES OF THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT
The Consular Department of the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London takes these preventive measures to protect the health of both clients and employees due to the worsening of epidemiological situation in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland:
- RESTRICTIONS on the acceptance of applications effective from 16 March 2020 indefinitely
- Consular requests of ONLY ESSENTIAL nature and which will be NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE will be handled by the Consular Department
- Slovak citizens will be able to contact the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0044 20 7313 6470 and the urgency of individual applications will be assessed by the Consular Department of the Slovak Embassy in London
- THE ACCEPTANCE OF VISA APPLICATIONS IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Thank you for your understanding.
Submitting of consular applications (passport, ID card, driving license, registration of birth and marriage, no criminal record, certificate of citizenship) is strictly on appointment basis via online portal only. Appointment for signature verification can be made via phone: 02073136470 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Visa applications must be submitted via the portal: https://ezov.mzv.sk only. For further information on the process and conditions of visa issuance please check the section Services.
|Working hours of visa & consular services except for national & state holidays|
|Monday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Tuesday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 – 13:00, 14:00 – 18:00|
|Thursday||9:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 16:00|
|Friday||9:00 – 12:00|
Issued passports, ID cards and driving licenses can be collected anytime during working hours without prior appointment.
|The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London will be closed on following days:|
|1 January||Wednesday||Day of the Establishment of the Slovak Republic|
|4 April||Friday||Good Friday|
|13 April||Monday||Easter Monday|
|1 May||Friday||Labour Day|
|8 May||Friday||Day of Victory over Fascism|
|5 July||Sunday||St. Cyril and Methodius Day|
|29 August||Saturday||Slovak National Uprising Anniversary|
|1 September||Tuesday||Constitution Day|
|15 September||Tuesday||Day of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows|
|1 November||Sunday||All Saints´ Day|
|17 November||Tuesday||Fight for Freedom and Democracy Day|
|24 December||Thursday||Christmas Eve|
|25 December||Friday||Christmas Day|
|26 December||Saturday||St. Stephen´s Day|
- 04.04.2020According to new decree of the Public Health Authority issued the 4th April 2020, are all persons traveling to Slovakia, which means both Slovak and foreign nationals, obliged to be isolated in state quarantine centres. This measure is effective as of 07,00 the 6th of April, 2020...
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.
- 12.03.2020Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population, on 11 March 2020 the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- 28.02.2020London, 27th of February 2020. A special event was held at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic to commemorate International Mother Language Day.