The Slovak Economic and Cultural Office Taipei
|333 Keelung Road, Section 1, Taipei, Taiwan|
Opening hours of the visa and consular section:
Tuesday and Thursday from 10.00 am to 12.00 am
In order to ensure quality consular services for applicants, we would like to ask you to make an appointment for visiting the consular department with the consular staff in advance.
Please kindly notify our Office when during our consular hours and for what purpose would you like make an appointment at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at: + 886 287803231
The Office is closed during the national, public and religious Slovak holidays.
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.
- 12.03.2020Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population, on 11 March 2020 the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- 27.02.2020Bratislava, 27 February 2020 – Based on the conclusions from the meeting of the Security Council of the Slovak Republic today, the Slovak Republic has adopted several measures. At the same time an emergency task force meeting was held at the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic, which will daily evaluate the current situation with regard to the COVID-19 (the coronavirus) disease.
- 04.07.2019“The dynamics of foreign policy events pushes us to continue maintaining a high degree of professionalism in our foreign service,” stated Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, in his concluding remarks delivered at the meeting of the heads of diplomatic missions. As he clarified, demands on multilateral political, consular and economic dimensions of foreign policy are high, and therefore it is important to continue to deliver consistently. “I wish to thank you for always having the interests of the Slovak Republic and its citizens in mind while carrying out your tasks,” emphasized the head of the Slovak diplomatic service, addressing the Slovak ambassadors as he was formally closing the four-day meeting.