The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington
|3523 International Court NW, Washington D.C., United States of America|
|Mobil:||+1 202 361 6298 (Emergency calls)|
Unavailability of telephone lines at Consular section
For technical reasons, telephone lines on the consular section will be unavailable from 2 to 4 September 2019.
Please, contact us via e-mail email@example.com.
- 08.10.201925th Anniversary of the Establishment of the Fulbright Commission for Educational Exchange in the Slovak RepublicOn the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Fulbright Commission for Educational Exchange in the Slovak Republic, a reception took place at the residence of the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic to the United States on October 1, 2019.
- 23.09.2019Almost 30 Years post-Velvet Revolution, State Secretary of Foreign and European Affairs Ministry Ružička, in Washington, Underlines Historical Meaning of 1989On Monday (23 September 2019) State Secretary of the Slovak Foreign and European Affairs Ministry František Ružička attended a conference of the Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) think-tank, entitled Transatlantic Anniversaries: Legacies and Unfinished Business.
- 07.08.2019V rámci Národného štipendijného programu Slovenskej republiky na podporu mobilít bola zverejnená nová výzva na predkladanie žiadostí o štipendium na študijné, výskumné, umelecké a prednáškové pobyty v letnom semestri akademického roka 2019/2020.
- 04.07.2019“The dynamics of foreign policy events pushes us to continue maintaining a high degree of professionalism in our foreign service,” stated Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, in his concluding remarks delivered at the meeting of the heads of diplomatic missions. As he clarified, demands on multilateral political, consular and economic dimensions of foreign policy are high, and therefore it is important to continue to deliver consistently. “I wish to thank you for always having the interests of the Slovak Republic and its citizens in mind while carrying out your tasks,” emphasized the head of the Slovak diplomatic service, addressing the Slovak ambassadors as he was formally closing the four-day meeting.
- 03.07.2019Being received by the President of the Slovak Republic Zuzana Čaputova was the most important item of the agenda of the meeting of the heads of diplomatic missions, which continued today (July 3, 2019) in Bratislava. “I took office with the idea that I wish to be an active president in the area of foreign policy among others. I will clearly and straightforwardly communicate our values and our interests and defend them, as I wish for Slovakia to be perceived as a confident country with its values firmly anchored. I will not be silent should our values be besmirched, or should there be confusing signals coming out of Slovakia or acts against our interests as a member of the EU and NATO. This is mainly what we discussed with the minister of foreign affairs Miroslav Lajčák and our ambassadors. I very much appreciate the work they do for Slovakia. I promise I will do everything I can so that they can be proud of Slovakia and have good conditions for their demanding work. I want our diplomatic service to continue to be respected and of quality,” proclaimed the Slovak president Zuzana Čaputová.