The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Tehran
|No, 72 Moghadassi Street, Bahonar Street, Niavaran, Post Code: 1971836199, P.O.Box 19395-6341, Tehran, Iran|
|Tel.:||+98 2122740466, +98 2122754560, +98 2122733706|
Applying for consular services is by appointment only. You can book your appointment via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, note that due to the coronavirus outbreak in Iran the consular services to foreign nationals are suspended until further notice.
Schengen visa applications (type C)
In addition to other documents necessary to submit with an application for Schengen Visa, citizens of Iran whose accommodation will not be covered by the inviting entity or private individual, are also required to submit a proof of payment for the accommodation during their stay in Slovakia (a hotel reservation is not sufficient). Applicants travelling to the Schengen area for the first time must also submit an invitation certified by the Border and Immigration Police of the Slovak Republic.
Changes in applying for permanent/temporary residencies and for Slovak National Visas (type D):
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Tehran wishes to inform that the appointment slots for submitting applications for temporary/permanent residencies and for National Visas (type D) for the purpose of submitting the application for temporary/permanent residence directly at the Border and Immigration Police in the Slovak Republic are currently fully booked. New appointment slots for submitting the above mentioned types of applications will be available after July 1, 2020.
This does not apply to students admitted to bachelor/master/PhD. programs at Slovak Universities and to family members of third country nationals who have been already granted the permanent or temporary residence in the Slovak Republic.
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.
- 12.03.2020Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population, on 11 March 2020 the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- 03.03.2020Temporary suspension of selected consular services at the Slovak diplomatic missions and consular offices in China, South Korea and IranIn the context of preventive measures against the spread of the virus disease COVID-19 the accepting of personal submissions within the framework of consular and visa services is temporarily suspended, except of cases of special consideration.
- 27.02.2020Bratislava, 27 February 2020 – Based on the conclusions from the meeting of the Security Council of the Slovak Republic today, the Slovak Republic has adopted several measures. At the same time an emergency task force meeting was held at the Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic, which will daily evaluate the current situation with regard to the COVID-19 (the coronavirus) disease.