The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington
|3523 International Court NW, Washington D.C., United States of America|
|Mobil:||+1 202 361 6298 (Emergency calls)|
Consular section is open for public on
|Mondays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Wednesdays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Fridays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
Consular section is closed for public on Tuesdays and Thursdays and during the Slovak public holidays. Embassy of the Slovak Republic will be closed in 2020 on January 1, January 6, April 10, April 13, May 1, May 8, September 1, September 15, November 17, December 24, December 25.
Residence for sale
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington DC is offering for sale its former Ambassador´s Residence at 7718 Carlton Place, McLean, VA 221 02.
It is a residence building located on 36.886 sqft of land. The living space of the residence is 6 973 sqft.
If you are interested, further details on offer submissions can be obtained by contacting the Slovak Embassy, 3523 International Court NW, 20008, Washington DC, tel.number 202 237 1054.
Offers to be submitted by 2/10/2020.
RESTRICTIONS OF CONSULAR ACTIVITIES AT THE CONSULAR SECTION
In the context of preventive measures against the spread of the virus disease COVID - 19 personal submission of the consular documents and applications at the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in the United Stated is temporarily restricted, with the exception of cases of special consideration. This measure shall remain in force until further notice.
The following precautions are to protect the health of both the applicants and employees of the consulate as of March 17, 2020:
- RESTRICTIONS imposed on submitting all consular applications;
- Only URGENT and in advance NOTIFIED AND CONSULTED requests (by phone or email) will be accepted;
- The URGENCY of individual applications WILL BE ASSESSED on case by case basis;
- Slovak citizens may contact the Consular section at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +(202) 237 1054 (ext. 274) during working hours;
- THE ACCEPTANCE OF VISA APPLICATIONS IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED;
Thank you for your understanding.
- 04.04.2020According to new decree of the Public Health Authority issued the 4th April 2020, are all persons traveling to Slovakia, which means both Slovak and foreign nationals, obliged to be isolated in state quarantine centres. This measure is effective as of 07,00 the 6th of April, 2020...
- 03.04.2020State Secretary of the Slovak Foreign and European Affairs Ministry Klus Receives US Ambassador to Slovakia Bridget A. BrinkOn the 3rd of April 2020 State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, Martin Klus, received the US Ambassador to Slovakia, Bridget A. Brink.
- 17.03.2020Based on the decision of Miroslav Lajčák, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, the diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic abroad are registering information about citizens who are currently staying abroad and are interested in returning to Slovakia. Since the telephone lines are permanently occupied, we recommend registering electronically. (When registering it is necessary to state one’s identification and contact details, and the reason why one is staying abroad.)
- 16.03.2020Travel Recommendation: Grade 3 – Recommendation Not to Travel | All Countries of the World | COVID-19The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic recommends that the citizens of the Slovak Republic not travel to any country of the world.
- 12.03.2020Due to the public health emergency and the need to adopt measures pursuant to the law on the civil protection of the population, on 11 March 2020 the Slovak Republic declared a state of emergency in the territory of the Slovak Republic.