The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington
|3523 International Court NW, Washington D.C., United States of America|
|Mobil:||+1 202 361 6298 (Emergency calls)|
Consular section is open for public on
|Mondays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Wednesdays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
|Fridays:||10.00-12.00 – 13:00-15:00|
Consular section is closed for public on Tuesdays and Thursdays and during the Slovak public holidays. Embassy of the Slovak Republic will be closed in 2020 on January 1, January 6, April 10, April 13, May 1, May 8, September 1, September 15, November 17, December 24, December 25.
Residence for sale
The Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington DC is offering for sale its former Ambassador´s Residence at 7718 Carlton Place, McLean, VA 221 02.
It is a residence building located on 36.886 sqft of land. The living space of the residence is 6 973 sqft.
If you are interested, further details on offer submissions can be obtained by contacting the Slovak Embassy, 3523 International Court NW, 20008, Washington DC, tel.number 202 237 1054.
Offers to be submitted by 2/10/2020.
- 06.02.2020Following the invitation of the US Secretary of State, Michael Pompeo, an inauguration event of the International Religious Freedom Alliance took place in Washington on February 5, 2020. Slovakia was represented by the country’s Ambassador to the United States, Ivan Korčok.
- 09.01.2020US Senate adopted a resolution commemorating important anniversaries in the modern history of Slovakia and the Czech RepublicMinistry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic welcomes the adoption on January 8, 2020, by the U.S. Senate of a resolution (S.Res. 343) commemorating the 30th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution in the former Czechoslovakia, as well as anniversaries of the creation of Czechoslovakia in 1918 and independent Slovak Republic in 1993.
- 24.10.2019During his working visit in Washington, D.C., on October 22nd, the Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic Miroslav Lajčák officially opened an exhibit dedicated to the Velvet Revolution.
- 22.10.2019During his working visit to the USA, the Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic Miroslav Lajčák yesterday (21 October 2019) held talks with several representatives of the US and international government and non-government sectors. The core issues included the current OSCE Chairmanship as well as the developments in the Western Balkans, Brexit, trans-Atlantic cooperation, and the situation in the Middle and Near East. The chief Slovak diplomat considers the current situation in Syria to be very dangerous with the potential to destabilize the region. He also expressed his disappointment over the failure to convince some EU partners to open accession talks with North Macedonia and Albania. The weariness from the enlargement, visible in some European countries, could feel demotivating for the region. Therefore, he considers it to be important that this attitude not discourage these states from pursuing their further EU integration progress.
- 08.10.201925th Anniversary of the Establishment of the Fulbright Commission for Educational Exchange in the Slovak RepublicOn the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Fulbright Commission for Educational Exchange in the Slovak Republic, a reception took place at the residence of the Ambassador of the Slovak Republic to the United States on October 1, 2019.